How does your garden grow?

8:45 PM

Isaiah 61:11 For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.


We have embarked on a mission this spring! Last year we started 2 small raised beds in our yard and they produced some fruit...but we live in the woods....there just isn't enough hours of sunlight.....so this year we decided to move our garden plans down the road to my in laws who have two beautiful pastures. Here is how are garden is beginning to grow this year in pictures! We have so enjoyed playing in the dirt and I can't wait to reap the harvest in the weeks to come! I started alot of seeds a few weeks ago and they are coming along great. We also stopped and purchased strawberries and a few other plants to add to them.


We needed an edge for the raised beds and so Brian decided to cut down some piney trees to use. This saved us alot of money!! Here the boys are heading out into the woods to look for trees!


Jacob enjoying the process!!


Boys and their toys!!!


Uncle Mark helping out!


Christopher taking time out to shoot some deer...or maybe turkeys...



Caleb doing what he does best......looking cute!
getting the logs in place...


Caleb being a big helper!! This raised bed is about 14x14 and I will have a few smaller ones as well. Next is fencing and then planting!! We are going to be in the 30s tonite so I'm glad I don't have the plants out yet!! I will be posting on our progress so I can remember next year what worked and what did not.
Over at Teaching Good Things they are having a gardening challenge with prizes!! Check it out! We will be participating....I have gotten lots of good tips from other people posting.

How blessed we are that we can have a garden and provide for ourselves....I thank God every time we are working on it!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram