Sketch 71, Shimmerz and a contest

1:39 PM

Sketch 71 is up over at Triple The Sketch!! This time we got to play with Shimmerz! What a fun product! Head over there and check out all the wonderful layouts that the design team came up with! Lot's of inspiration! Then create something and enter to win some shimmerz of your own!


For my layout I went back in time to do Claires 8th Birthday (she is 12 now!)


I decided to put the shimmerz on my flowers and also on the butterfly. I also gave some shine to the cut out flower branch.



Then came the fun part...I began to experiment. I took the heidi swapp ghost letters and started by putting the shimmerz right on the letter. This did not look as bright as I wanted so I let it dry and then painted over it with MM pink paint. I let this dry and noticed as it dried it had a crackled look. I then used the shimmerz over top of the paint and it really made the letters pop! I really like the crackled look too! So it pays to experiment....you never know what you'll come up with!

So have fun scrapping and good luck if you enter the contest!!
Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram