Yarn Along

9:17 AM

Hello there......has it really been a month since I last posted a yarn along???? Between my hard drive crashing and some knitting mishaps I guess I just could not bring myself to post......

I have been knitting.....well and ripping back......and knitting again. My henslowe shawl has been put aside for the past month.....I was almost done and then realized a mistake and so ripped it back......then got a few rows into the lace and made another miscount of my stitches and had to rip back again. Ok folks.....this is not a hard pattern! But I guess I have been too distracted lately and I need to focus when doing this part of the pattern......

In the meantime I found out my husbands cousin adopted a sweet new baby girl and so I had to knit her something small and cute! I decided on the Baby Kina which is all done except for buttons, blocking and weaving in ends! I had extra yarn and so also made a super quick baby bonnet that's almost done. Love knitting up new baby things!!



Oh I should also share that my Nellie sweater is waiting on the sidelines until I get more yarn to finish it......love this yarn......it's the perfect vintage look I wanted for this pattern! Yarn should arrive this week so hopefully I can share pics next week!


So even though I have not been posting for the yarn along there has been some knitting going on! But I must say not much reading....so nothing new to share on that.

 I did order some new yarn......My oldest just left last week to spend the month serving with YWAM in Thailand. (gulp) I am so proud of her and know that it is going to be a life changing experience for her. I thought I would knit and pray for her while she is gone! I found these beautiful lace mitts and I know she will love them! So I will pray over her and her team and knit up something she will love!

Head over to Small Things and check out what everyone is knitting and reading!!


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Love all of your knitting - isn't it the best to knit for babies.
    Thinking about your daughter and keeping her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby knits! the bonnet is so delicate looking :) you are so sweet to knit this new baby a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baby knitting :)
    And these are gorgeous little knits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new baby sweater you have finished (and the other one as well). I can truly feel your pain about the ripping back!! Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right, even the patterns that appear simple - You will get it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram