Yarn along

7:19 PM

It's been a crazy week....as usual. We survived the big snow storm and the kids have been enjoying the sledding and playing in all the snow. I have been curled up next to my woodstove knitting away on my sweater vest. The colorwork in this vest was a  lot of fun and now it just needs a blocking and I can get ready to steek. I say that with just a tad bit of fear in my voice as I have never .....ever....taken scissors to my knitting before. I am busy watching videos and reading articles and trying to decide on my plan of attack before I actually do this. Have you steeked before? Do you have any recommendations for me? I'm hoping to begin the process this weekend!



I also finished my Reyna Shawl. This pattern is a free one on Ravelry. A great pattern for a colorful skein of yarn.


No new books this week. I'm hoping to find some good reviews as I hop around the Yarn Along and see what everyone else is reading. Happy knitting!!!



You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. beautiful colorwork!! gorgeous! and I want to knit that shawl pattern, soon very very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colorwork! Good luck with the steeking. I'd be terrified too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo first steek, how exciting. I've only done it once and it was quite fun by the end. Enjoy! It's looking lovely already

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love your colour work! I've never tried steeking and I'm so curious how you'll do! Please keep us posted. And good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is simply gorgeous. I love how those colors go together. I have never steeked. I don't know how to sew and I'm pretty sure you have to do that somewhere along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful yoke on your sweater. Would enjoy reading about your steeking. I hope it's a success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steeking is easy, really! I sew all my steaks and have never had a mess up. Two rows of sewing down each edge and you are done. Small stitch length is a must. Mine are secure enough that I trim very close to the edge and reduce the bulk behind the button bands. If you need photos of my finished edges just ask.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram