It's a trust thing really.........

11:49 AM


I can't tell you how many people comment to me on my big family, it seems to really amaze some people that you can possibly manage....afford....keep track off......etc. etc. let alone want that many children. So I've been meaning to write down my thoughts on this matter...our convictions really. And these are my families convictions.....as I tell all who ask me....you need to read the scriptures....search Gods word....study His word and what it means to you. He will open your eyes to the truth He wants you to see. My goal in posting this is not to win you over or make you see things my way.....I want you to see things Gods way. And you must read and search out Gods truth for you and your family.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

This is where God started to work on me. God had control over some areas off my life but there were others I still had a tight grip on. After my first daughter was born He got a hold of my heart and really turned it towards Him in this area. This child was not really mine...it was His and He was giving her to me to raise for Him. His plan....His purpose...not mine. Wow! That took a while to sink in.

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Jeremiah 1:5

I never really liked the idea of birth control....but I thought I could still control my pregnancies through natural methods. (Birth control is a whole other hot topic for another blog post....I was not educated in what birth control really does and most people are not.....please visit this really good article for more info.....http://www.joshscottfamily.com/birth_control.htm

So as I began studying Gods word more I found so many verses on this topic....God does care about and have a plan for families. Since the very beginning He has talked about it.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:28


Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.

For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.

Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.

Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.

The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.

Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel. Psalm 128

The fruit of the womb is Gods reward....

Lo, children are a heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is His reward. Psalm 127:3

When we decide to open and close our wombs and take that control out of God's hands we miss out on the many blessings He wants to give us. The message bible says it this way

Do you not see that children are God's best gifts? The fruit of the womb His generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh how blessed are you parents with your quivers full of children. Your enemies do not stand a chance against you. You will sweep them right off your doorstep. Psalm 127:3

In Malachi 2:15 it is asked what does God want from your union? His answer is I want a godly seed. Gods desire is for us to raise up Godly arrows...children that are strong and grounded in Him. So that when they are ready we can shoot them out into the world to do the mission He has given them to do.

Children's children are the crown of old men: and the glory of children are their fathers. Proverbs 17:6
There are many more verses throughout the bible that speak of Gods heart for our families. God asks us to put our trust in Him. All of our trust....not just certain areas. If I am truly trusting God and His plan for me than I should have perfect faith in Him to know the perfect size for my family.
A great resource is Nancy Campbells site Above Rubies. Her and her husband also have a book called Be fruitful and multiply.
Having a big family is the greatest reward God has given me....with each child He has grown me and shaped me into the women He wants me to become. Because...HELLO! God does not just give us these children so we can guide and grow them.....He gives us the children He does to guide and shape us!
So when someone looks at me and says...you must have so much patience! I laugh and say with each child God has given me a little more!
One of the biggest things I see in our big family is the servants hearts my kids have. Now these are normal kids and they all have their moments but for the most part because we have a big family they have to pitch in and serve each other a little more. And what great mommies and daddies my children will be having been around so many babies!
Our society is so wrapped up in in making us believe it is all about me and what I need and want that so many, even Christians, have missed the bigger picture. It is not about me at all...it is about Jesus, His plan and His will for my life.
We can not be followers of Jesus and pick and chose what he can have control over in our lives....it just does not work that way.
And so everyday I lay my life down for Him. My desires my wants my needs....I lay it all down and He carries me and the blessings I have are too numerous to count.....I know what it looks like when I try to do life my own way and it isn't pretty!
I hope this gives you a glimpse into my convictions and the path God has us on. Every ones path is different but we all serve an awesome God that wants all of us not just the bits and pieces we feel comfortable giving Him.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:1-2

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.
Plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram