Abiding in Him

7:49 AM

"But the truly happy people are those who carefully study God's perfect law that makes people free, and they continue to study it.

They do not forget what they heard, but they obey what God's teaching says.

Those who do this will be made happy."

~James 1:25 NCV

I have been making plans and reading.....how can we make a better effort at getting Gods word into our families day.....into our heads our minds our hearts? Every year I make plans and we always seem to fall short in this area. We start off strong and somewhere mid year the memorizing gets pushed to the side as we try to get those other "things" done. But God tells us this is the most important thing!! Hiding His word in our hearts....so we are purposing to be strong in this and make it our #1 priority this year. To me it is much more important that my children have His word dwelling and living within them then them memorizing what the world says is important. This sermon by John Piper is fantastic......watch it and see if it does not move you to action!

If my words abide in you

Some helpful things we are using to keep us going .....

Tim Challies is hosting memorizing scripture together over at Challies.com every Sunday he sends out an email with a new verse for the week. There is also a longer portion of scripture to memorize over the month and he gives goood tips on how to memorize and review. We have been doing this as a family for over a month now and it is helping to keep us focused.
I also found this neat way to help you memorize those longer portions of scripture. It has been working well for me and Brian......the kids seem to be able to memorize so much faster than us....a sign of our age maybe???
And so I continue my new year concentrating on my FOCUS......may it glorify God!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram