Treasure

6:48 AM

As I started looking back over my week I thought about what I had done to pursue my treasure.....to build it up. As our family prays for those in Haiti it brings to light even clearer the importance of storing up my treasure...now. Not tomorrow or the next day but now. We know not what tomorrow will bring. Or even what the next minute might.

I need to get in the habit of being intentional about my time. How many moments go past us ...slip by.....wasted. I could have given a hug.....played a game.....held a hand.......listened. Been there.

I want to build memories for my family that we can treasure. They say it is the little things that make the biggest difference and I believe it. A shared giggle.....reading together.....laughing.....praying.

Oh Lord that I would be present here and not running off to the next thing on the to do list in my head. I want to be building these relationships up.....as a wife and as a mom.......speaking Gods truth into those around me and letting them know of the treasure they are to me.

So today we will go slow.....I will go slow.....moment by moment savoring each one......rejoicing in each gift......stilling to listen.........building treasure as I go.

Be still in the presence of the LORD, 
and wait patiently for him to act. 
Psalm 37:7

Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram