What is a miracle?

7:53 AM



Well we are nearing the 2 year anniversary of my husbands accident... and so I am thinking about grace and miracles and the love our Father God has for us.
This past week in small groups our Pastor was discussing how we do not walk in the power that God has given us. We do not walk around expecting to see miracles from God.....and so sadly we do not.
Jesus told us that we would have power to do all he did and more......

"For whatsoever is born of God OVERCOMES THE WORLD: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith." [1Jn:5:4]

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." [2Tm:1:7]


But today there are not many Christians who can say they have seen miraculous healings and super natural miracles.....and yet what exactly is a miracle........

: an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs

: an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment 
Well as I thought about miracles I of course thought of my husband who is walking around with a bullet in his neck and who by all accounts should be paralyzed or dead because of this......but who is not because God saw fit to save him body and spirit. That to me is a miracle. But as I thought about it more God revealed to me the awesome miracle.....the most amazing one.....and if you know my God then you know it too. 
It's the miracle of a sacrifice that has saved me and brought me white as snow to stand at my Fathers feet.  A miracle that covers my dirt and filthy rags in the blood of a pure blameless lamb and sets me free to worship and be close to my Father in heaven. A miracle that He loves me at all.......A miracle that he continues to love me as I fail to live up to His expectations on a daily basis. 
A miracle yes, to me that is truly miraculous, don't you agree.....

But here is the thing......do we as Christians walk around and live our lives as the miracles we are? Are we sharing this miraculous gift with others who need it? Are we living our lives in victory as we should......since Christ has already won the battle for us? Are we living as walking miracles? 

I am still pondering on these thoughts and trying to figure out what it looks like to live as a miracle.....but as I do I am beginning to see Gods miracles everywhere I look.....and I am beginning to understand the power that God has given me in His Holy Spirit to live miraculously for Him.

These are just a few miracles I am thankful for this past week......

little boys who love to be super heroes and save us from the bad guys......the miracle of a little boys power


 playing in the puddles during a down pour.....the miracle of today

 new baby bunnies to cuddle and hold.....the miracle of life


 a big pot of steaming chicken noodle soup....the miracle of good food


cuddles on the couch as we all battle the sniffles and lay low this week......the miracle of time together

a new book to read and study (Sabbath , Bloom Book Club).....the miracle of God revealing Himself to me even more!
  

Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram