Yarn Along......with power!!

2:59 PM







Well last week was quite the adventure as we navigated through life with no power for 6 full days!!No internet meant no yarn along post but I did get a lot of knitting done!

I must say I enjoyed the candlelight meals and staying close to the warm wood stove.......but no hot showers and very limited plumbing was no fun at all!! But we are now on the other side of it all and oh so very thankful for the many modern conveniences that we take for granted every day!

I did some Christmas knitting.......a Rosa hat for my Elaina Rose



and a Branched Out scarf for someone on my list.......shhhhh! (they might be looking!)



I also have to share this adorable little doll I made for Hannah Grace......it's the perfect size and oh so mushy and right for little hands! It was a great fast knit using up scraps!


This week I have cast on for another mystery knit!! I joined Wooly Wormheads latest mystery hat knit and I went shopping and found this amazing yarn at my LYS!!! The first clue is done and I found a button already that I think will go great!!

My driftwood has been put aside......I'm debating frogging what I have done already......I am not happy with the join in the round and how it is looking with the stitch pattern.....it just looks off to me and I need to figure out where I am going wrong with it.......

With no power not much reading got done and I had no chance to download a new audio book........it's on my list of must dos this week!!

Linking to the Yarn Along!! Happy knitting!!






You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. all the stuff you have made is lovely. i am impressed. the sweet little dolly is going on my list of to make goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that scarf! & the hat & the little doll is gorgeous! Good things come from a storm after all! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful hat and scarf and I love the little dolly-hmmm might have to make one for my baby girl-she has just started loving on dollies! Thank you for stopping by my blog and especially for leaving a comment! Glad you survived the storm ok!
    Blessings to you and your family!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the most adorable little doll! it must be a very big relief to have power restored!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram