Yarn Along

6:39 AM



September has been just crazy.......My Mom has been very sick and is still in the hospital, I will be heading there soon. I am so thankful I have my knitting to keep me occupied. So schedules are out the door and other stuff put on hold so we can get Grandma well again.
Two weeks ago before this all happened my amazing hubby took me to The Endless Mountains Fiber Festival and we had such a good time......so good I forgot to take any pictures! I did buy lots of good fiber and some yummy sock yarn and really cute stitch markers too!
Before we went I wanted Hannah Grace to have something to wear but it was too hot still for a sweater....so I whipped up this adorable Heartwarmer for her! This is a great piece and I know she will get lots of wear from it as it goes with everything!



ravelry notes here

I did manage to get a little spinning in as well......I plyed this 100 % merino that I picked up at the festival.......it really came out squishy and soft!


And on the needles now is a Little Buds sweater for Hannah Grace.....this has been in my favorites for a while and it has been my companion in the hospital as I sit with my Mom. I just need to do a few more inches on the bottom and then the sleeves and she will have a great sweater to wear this fall!
I just got a copy of Trim, Healthy Mama but have not had the time to start it.....it's gotten great reviews and the recipes are amazing!
Joining Ginny as usual over at Small things......grab some tea and join us!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. praying for your mom. I did not go to the endless mountain fiber festival this year, I could have met you :) the knit is beautiful and your daughter is growing so very quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your mom gets better soon, I'll pray for you all ... what an adorable "heartwarmer" nice colors and lovely idea - I might have to add buttons to the shawl I'm knitting and wear it that way ...good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you just "whipped up" that little shawl for her! Like you were baking cookies or something. It's an adorable pattern. And your yarn is great! I bet you can't wait to start a project with that. Keeping your mom in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your mom - hope she gets well soon. Love the shawl and your spinning! THM is a good read... lots of interesting info and encouragement. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the heartwarmer and bookmarking it on Ravelry for my girls! Beautiful. So sorry about your mom; hope she recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through the Yarn Along. It seems we have much in common! I'm a Christian homeschooling mama to 6 blessings (so far) who loves knitting and spinning. :)

    The Heartwarmer is adorable. I think I need to make one for each of my girls.

    I think you'll love Trim Healthy Mama! I've lost 34 pounds so far implementing what I've learned from this amazing book.

    Your mama will be in my prayers.

    I look forward to stopping in again soon. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through the Yarn Along. It seems we have much in common! I'm a Christian homeschooling mama to 6 blessings (so far) who loves knitting and spinning. :)

    The Heartwarmer is adorable. I think I need to make one for each of my girls.

    I think you'll love Trim Healthy Mama! I've lost 34 pounds so far implementing what I've learned from this amazing book.

    Your mama will be in my prayers.

    I look forward to stopping in again soon. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So.... my name is Deborah and I have a blog named All is Grace. I happened to click next blog while I was posting awhile back... and your blog came up. I started scrolling down... and I thought, Oh my goodness. I am reading about a kindred spirit!! We are a homeschool family with 3 children by adoption -- just actually began homeschooling this past March after the Lord worked in our hearts over the period of about a year. I am loving it... we use Heart of Dakota curriculum and I have a 2nd grader and one in Kindergarten. I love the Charlotte Mason method, but I'm still finding my way. = )) I love, love, LOVE to read, and also knit and spin. Knitting for the last 7 years, and recently started spinning the beginning of this year. Anyways, I don't post on my blog a whole lot, but it does tell our adoption story for the littlest one, and a few other things. I seem to have a lot more blog posts in my head than what actually gets posted. Anyways, I was just was amazed as I saw All is Grace here... homeschooling.. knitting... spinning... etc. etc. etc. =)
    Have a blessed, joyous week!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram