Yarn aong!

6:14 AM




It's been a while since I was able to come here and write.....and I am so thankful to feel well enough today to do so. My chemo treatments have been hard and the side effects rough but we have learned to manage them some what and I am surviving. I have 2 more treatments to go and then the cancer should be gone. My last treatment will be mid February......I can not wait to be done! God continues to hold me and give me the strength I need to do this.....He is the only reason I have been able to do this. The hope we have in Him keeps me going!

Another thing that keeps me going.......knitting! Yes, there has been knitting.....quite a lot actually! I am so thankful for my knitting. Not being able to get out of bed much can be pretty frustrating but if
I am knitting I can feel productive. It is also helps to take my mind off the pain. So I am living proof of the therapeutic value of knitting!

I knit a lot for Christmas presents......cowls, socks and hats mostly. But today
I want to share my first FO of 2015!  My daughter Claire picked out fiber at Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool this year and I spun it up into this fluffy yarn.


Then she picked out  this great pattern so I could make her fingerless mitts. The pattern is Cancans and it is free on Ravelry. Such a cute and fast knit!

Ravelry Notes

When I am too sick to knit I sit here and scroll through patterns on Ravelry. My queue has gotten quite full with all the things that I want to knit! I just ordered some yarn for a new sweater project and while I am waiting for that to arrive I cast on for another pair of socks. I am using the Vanilla Bean Pattern and yarn from Tumbleweed Yarns. Such an enjoyable and easy knit! This self stripping yarn is so fun!

Ravelry notes
There is one project I will show you from Christmas......Hannah Grace's Christmas Sweater. It's the Cove Cardigan and she picked out the cute little pewter bunny buttons herself!



I am still listening to the second book in the Outlander series. I only have 3 more chapters and then I will dive right into the next one. I am also still reading Beside Still Waters by CH Spurgeon on a daily basis......the words in this book truly due comfort your soul and I am blessed by it daily.

 I am joining Ginny over at Small Things for this weeks Yarn Along and I can not wait to see what everyone else is knitting and reading in the New Year!

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. I made those cancan fingerless gloves a couple years ago for my teenage daughter. She loves them still.

    I also made a sweater for my littlest daughter for Christmas. Yours is quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great patterns, I've popped them onto my Ravelry to do list :) and how beautifully you knit! That little sweater is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for this, Alisa!! I love that color blue that Claire chose, and Hannah Grace's sweater is absolutely adorable!! So much love to you and surrounding you with prayers continuously!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue yarn is stunning! I l ove the look on Hannah Grace's face <3
    You are still in my prayers Alisa. May God lift you up while you finish your chemo. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all the best for the rest of your chemo, hope everything goes well and you will recover soon! sending light and love!

    as for your knitting, it is gorgeous!!! i love the blue mitts especially and the red cardigan is adorable!

    just saw you are on instagram too, i will look for your there to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those fingerless gloves are so pretty!!! the cardi is a dream!!!!
    blessings,regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending prayers to finish strong! Truly beautiful projects -- love the buttons! xo Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Continuing to pray for you and how wonderful that you have been able to knit through some of it.
    Blessings in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Continuing to pray for you and how wonderful that you have been able to knit through some of it.
    Blessings in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fingerless mitts! Had to add that to my queue. Prayers for your battle with cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love reading your blog when I hop over from the yarn along link up, Alisa. I didn't know you were going through chemo and I will be praying for you. Knitting and especially ginny's weekly yarn along were major coping strategies during a big health scare and recovery almost two years ago for me so I understand and agree with you! I hope you feel well enough to knit all this week! Suuuuuch darling knits, I am a sucker for red cardis on anyone but especially little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And I am a weirdo coming back to post again immediately but i just caught back up on your most recent posts and I am so moved by the way the Lord is upholding you and by your raw honesty, things I imagine I would feel exactly if I were in your shoes. I will hug my kids tighter but with a looser grip on my own plans and ways and tighter grip on His today. Grace and peace to you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you are sustains with the treatments. I am adding you to my prayer list. Just lovely knitting:)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. you have been in my DAILY prayers and will remain on them. I'm glad to see all the knitting that has been at the ready when you are feeling up to it. May you finish your treatments on time and have this all behind you for the rest of 2015~

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful your daughter picked out the yarn and you knit those beautiful fingerless mittens. I am in love with your striped socks, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying for you as you finish your chemo - I can only imagine what you're enduring! Your yarns and FOs are beautiful! Thank God for knitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your fingerless gloves and cardigan are beautiful. I had 6 weeks of bed rest many years ago and got a whole lot of crocheting done at the time. It kept me sane. Sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What adorable knits! Glad to hear that knitting has been able to offer you some comfort during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving your homespun yarn - that is darling! Hannah Grace's sweater is adorable too x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your knits are beautiful!! You've given me some great ideas. I just found your blog through Ginny's Yarn Along and something about it has resonated with me- maybe it's your heading picture reminds me of when we lived in Maine. I will be praying for you and that your treatment will go smoothly and well. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram