Heart Of Wisdom Study

4:06 PM

Well I have been floundering over how to go about making the Bible the center of our homeschool.You would think after homeschooling for over 11 years I would have this down by now. Ha!Ha! Think again!! We have tried many curriculum's over the years and lately have just been doing our own thing. This time of year I always seem to reevaluate our goals and priorities and seek Gods wisdom in what direction we should be going with our learning.
I have looked at Robin Sampson's site http://www.heartofwisdom.com/about.html and at her books from time to time but never bought any of it. Well, now I have felt led to study her Heart Of Wisdom book. I have decided to post my notes and thoughts to the blog and maybe others going along on the same journey would join in and chat about the book as well.
I really feel God is going to use this book to give me a clear vision again for our homeschool and I am very excited about that!!
Today was rainy and I actually made it up to chapter 5....

CHAPTER 1
Robyn tells of her exodus out of public school and into homeschooling...she parallels the Israelites journey out of Egypt and into the wilderness.
Most important is to keep God the center of homeschooling.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and alive. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing the soul and spirit; joints and marrow, it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

When we find academics slowing our pursuit of God and His righteousness this should be a sign that we are on the wrong track. We need to return to making God and His word the center of our homeschool.

Spending more time in Gods word myself is most important!!! This will help me stay directed towards Gods will for my hs.

CHAPTER 2
Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus Phil. 4:6-7

I love this verse!!! I so need my heart to be guarded!!! This chapter really showed me that if I am fearful or worried....that is not of God!!!! That is of this world and I need to get back with God...give it to Him and get that peace!!!
Isaiah 55:8-11......I need to learn Gods ways......not my ways
God has called me and He will equip me with all I need.

CHAPTER 3
How do I view God??? My focus really matters am I focusing on obstacles and fears or Gods promises and power....

The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet He does not leave the guilty unpunished. Numbers 14:18

God disciplines us for our good, that we may share His holiness Hebrews 12:10

Jeremiah 17 7-8 says if I trust I will be blessed. What does it mean to fear the Lord? Fear that is joined with love and hope.....what does that look like?
To us fear is negative but in the Hebrew language it meant many things.....dread,reverence,respect, and strong awe.
The fear of God should motivate us to do His will.
We also need to wait on God..... this is a hard one!!! In our society waiting is not something any of us wants to do!! But we will miss the blessing and miss Gods whisper if we do not wait on Him!
Wait means..silence....expectation....hope.....watch....observe....serve.....minister

Wait silent before God, our expectation in Him!!!

Isaiah 40:31 says we will have renewed strength, the ability to mount up on wings like eagles, to run and not grow weary, to walk and not faint...what promises I have in this!! So often I do grow weary and then I realize that it is because I am trying to do something in my own strength.....when I turn to God my burden is always lifted!!

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go

What a powerful reminder.....can someone please tattoo that on my eyeballs!!
So we need to keep our eyes on Jesus...He has a plan for my family and it won't look like your plan either! My eyes need to be on Him not on others around me!
Well I have to say I am really enjoying this study and I can see it adjusting my focus already.
Hopefully tomorrow I can get to reading some more......

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram