Word for the year....Treasure

8:20 AM

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
 
As I began to think about my word for this year I came across this verse. And I knew God was telling me to think about my treasures. That this should be my focus for the upcoming year.
Last year my word was focus. And it reminded me all year to keep my focus on God, do things his way.....be available for him to use me. Daily moment by moment, everyday keeping Him in focus. 
Treasures....what are they? 
 
The dictionary says 
          wealth or riches stored or accumulated
          wealth, rich materials, or valuable things.
          any thing or person greatly valued or highly prized
          to retain carefully or keep in store, as in the mind.
to regard or treat as precious; cherish.

to put away for security or future use, as money  
 
 I am going to begin today to think upon those things I treasure. I believe God gives us this verse because he knows the heart and what it treasures is where we spend our time and our money. If we are treasuring things of God we will be storing up treasures in heaven, but if I am treasuring worldly things then my treasures are here on earth and they will all be gone and worth nothing one day.
So I want to get my treasures in the right place....and hopefully focusing on my treasures this year will remind me to do so. 

smaller one

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It's funny how when we hear the word wealth we always think money. Wealth can also be from having good family members in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram