Yarn Along.....

8:43 AM



I am here and as usual my resolve to blog more was an epic fail this past month. Oh well what can I say......I am here today and can't wait to share what's on my needles!
I did blog last week about my hand spun shawl project that I just completed! Please look here to see all about it. Yes I may be bragging a little but it really is my favorite project ever!

I also started another pair of socks last week. It's the Jaywalker pattern and they have been a fun knit. I am almost done with one and then will cast on for the other. I'm using a funky opal yarn...my first time using it and it's so fun to see how it knits up.



I got in on a test knit for a boys sweater so that was cast on last week as well and I'm using Debbie Bliss Blue Faced Leicester. I am loving this yarn....very soft and squishy! I am also loving the pattern, it's a Sezza Knits pattern and is very well written. My boys are excited that I am finally knitting something for them!



I have also been gearing up for Tour de Fleece. I spun up this nice skein of BFL in the colorway Beach ball from Three Waters Farm.


 I have also pulled out my support spindle and I've been working on Storm Cloud a huacaya alpaca, merino and silk blend from The Painted Tiger. It's like spinning a cloud and I am really enjoying it.


I am loving Audible and just downloaded a devotional book by Timothy Keller called Galatians for you. It takes you verse by verse through the book of Galatians.
I looking forward to jumping into the Yarn Along and seeing what everyone is up too!! Happy Knitting!!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Beautiful selection of yarn!. Enjoy your new book! It sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your TDF yarn is beautiful, a work of art all on it's own. Love your socks and looking forward to seeing more of the sweater. I liked it when Sarah first listed it for testing but couldn't commit to getting it done by the deadline. I'll just have to wait until the pattern is released and knit it up then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your spinning so much, you have a great talent. I've been busy and summer is flying by for me. It's nice though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Tour de Fleece yarn is lovely. I always wish I knew how to spin well, but just haven't been able to take the time to learn and practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohh, I love that Beach Ball colorway, that is so lovely!

    I love Tim Keller and we listen to his sermons whenever we get a chance! I bet that book is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spinning is gorgeous! Those socks are knitting up beautifully, too; I love that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am amazed at anyone who can spin! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Alisa,
    thank you for your comment on my blog.
    Your socks are truly amazing, but I absolutely love your handspun skein, wonderful colours, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! That opal yarn is fantastic! Can you tell me which one it is?

    Please and thank you,

    ~Amey visiting from the Yarn Along

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram