Needle and Thread

7:41 AM

needle and thREAD


I'm joining Elizabeth again as we share what we've been sewing and reading this week. I had grand plans of finishing this lap blanket and maybe even those big but baby pants but a very sick baby has kept my arms very full instead.

 I did manage to get my new machine out......get it all threaded up and start the blanket. Can I say it was so fun to see it coming together! I think I am going to enjoy sewing as much as I enjoy knitting! Oh that could mean trouble! I used this tutorial to get started.


I have been watching videos and reading blogs on how to machine bind my little blanket. I have read enough where I think I might just be able to pull it off! We shall see!And that has been the extent of my reading for this week as I take care of little Hannah Grace.....

Can't wait to see what others are sewing and reading!!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh I am sorry your little one has been sick. Your lap blanket is already beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/crafting-on-with-needle-and-thread.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that is going to me such a cozy blanket!
    Isn't the internet wonderful? I imagine a real live person would be nice to learn from, too, but in lieu of that, learning from generous ladies via the web is great. HOpe your little one feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be such a cute and cozy blanket when you're done with it. I'm sorry to hear you have a sick little one. Prayers and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do hope your baby feels better soon.
    The blanket looks lovely and cozy- and hurray for getting the machine all ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope baby feels better soon...

    The colors of your blanket are delightful. I often find that getting the machine out and getting it threaded were the biggest barrier to getting something done! Now I keep it out and plugged in all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you have really encouraged me to get my first quilt started ( a very simple one from my grandmas ols aprons), I want a blanket just like yours, it looks so comfy...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram