Yarn Along

8:31 AM



I was so busy last week that I never made it to the Yarn Along......My Mother was coming up for Easter and between trying to get the house ready and preparing for Easter I just never made it. So I will share with you what I whipped up for the kiddos baskets and a little something I am knitting up for myself. Oh the joy of selfish knitting!!!

These little pookies are the cutest things and so fast to knit up and my little boys are enjoying them so much!! A great way to use up those little bits of yarn floating around.

And this is the bunny I made for Hannah Grace's basket. Can you believe I never got the face done on it! I still need to pull out the embroidery floss and get that done.......she did not seem to care though! It's made from a cotton yarn and she loves hugging it tight!


My other project at the moment is this sweet spring cardigan called the Corinne. I am using cascade yarn ultra pima cotton. I really like the way it is coming together and it should make a great light weight cardy for spring and summer. The only problem is between gardening and other spring cleaning projects my knitting is not going as fast as I would like! More hours in the day please!!!!
And yes that is a fire in the woodstove in the background of my picture. The days have gotten chillier here again and this past weekend was very windy as well. I started A Woman after Gods Own Heart by Elizabeth George this week. We are using this book for our women's bible study, I look forward to really growing as we get into it!


I also must share this photo of Hannah Grace in her Easter dress. My mother made this dress for my 2nd oldest on her first Birthday.....that was almost 17 years ago! And now Hannah Grace is getting to wear it! I am so glad I saved these adorable outfits! My Mother is a fabulous seamstress and always made my girls the most beautiful outfits! That being said I have been looking at all the wonderful patterns out there for baby clothes.....and I purchased a new sewing machine last week! So now I can add sewing to my list of projects I want to get too!!!


One more picture and then I am off to start the day! We took a family photo on Easter and amazingly enough everyone is looking at the camera here!




 Go over to Small Things and join in the Yarn Along!! Happy Knitting!!



You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Such sweet little toys for the Easter baskets! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is gorgeous!! Love the family pic! And what a sweet handmade dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love each and every one of your knitting projects, I can't pick a favorite. You have a beautiful family :) Happy belated Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, such cute pookies, bunnies, babies, and a sweet looking family. And the little dress too!
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pookies are so cute! I have the pattern in my ravelry queue for when I have scraps to use up :) Your daughter is grogeous in her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popped over from needle and thRead and then kept reading. I don't know how I missed this post from yarn along, but my WORD, that is an adorable little knit bunny. I know of someone having a baby soon and I think this would be just perfect. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Oh, and ps, those two little stipey ones are great too!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram