Our parenting touches many....

7:33 AM


Ann over at Holy Experience has a very insightful post up today...

Because when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor,” reads Hebrews 7:10.

The New Living Translation offers,“For although Levi wasn’t born yet, the seed from which he came was in Abraham’s body...”



Inside the frames, the bodies, the souls of our children, reside the children still to come. And the children then still to come.

Like nestled dolls, future generations dwell within the child whose eyes I now look into, whose hands I now touch.

Every day we parent not one child, or even a few children, but every day we parent innumerable, countless children. When I raise my voice, frustrated with a child, I speak to generations of children. When I wipe away a tear, comfort, listen, I honor centuries of children.

When we meet our children, children we will not live to meet on this earth, are, in very real ways, met, shaped, formed. Parented.

Visit Anns blog to read the rest and be blessed! A Holy Experience



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram