Yarn Along

7:11 AM

I had a productive week in some ways and in others I feel like there was not enough time. I think I just did not do a good job of balancing my to do list. I have a post almost ready to go about our Angora rabbits but I just did not have the time I needed to get it done. I hope to put it up tomorrow!

But there was knitting and playing with fiber!! Of course there was! But we won't talk about the housework that needs to get done......no let's not go there!

I finished my Snowfling Mittens!! Such a fun pattern! And thanks to my 5 year old for the great shot of me with my mittens!


I also cast off on the test knit I was doing for Susan Ashcroft. Everyone should knit this pattern! It is such a relaxing knit and the end result looks like far more work then it actually is! I used my handspun for it but it would be a great pattern for any type of yarn. It is the perfect size and it has been cold enough for me to actually wear it this week! (what happened to Spring???) It's called the Little Big Wrap.


Don't even ask me what I am reading........at the moment I am knee deep in cataloguing our spinning guilds library of resources. When I offered to take over the library I never realized the benefit of having these amazing books and DVD's stored at my house!!! 6 bins of them!! Maybe next week I will start sharing if I can chose one to start with!

I hope everyone that celebrates Easter had a lovely Holiday. Ours was a bit quiet and simple but sometimes those can be the best ones. Our chickens gave us a nice Easter surprise and starting laying and there were great big Easter hugs for our 4 legged friends.



There was a bit of spinning on the wheel this week but I am saving that for another post of it's own! I finally have a plan for Apricot the Alpaca's fleece and I want to share that this week!! But here is a sneak peek at what I have been doing.........


 Joining Ginny over at Small Things for the yarn along this week. Happy knitting!




You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. That shawl is beautiful! I will definitely be knitting that - I have some hand spun in mind already. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how lovely! your projects are so amazing. Love them all. Interested in your angora post. we also have some angoras :) and how wonderful your hen decided to gift you with eggs in time for the holiday! have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Snowfling mitts are so beautiful! I love that pattern and want to try it someday. It made me smile that your chickens gave you a gift on Easter - I know well that thrill and promise of those first eggs discovered! Happy Easter to you too, I hope your housework gets done by some magic housework fairies so you can keep making such beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects - mittens, shawl and yarn look absolutely amazing! I love the colors that you used for your shawl - such beautiful earthly shades!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Snowfling Mittens are amazing! And the Little Big Wrap shawl is beautiful. I do love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sooooo love the Little Big Shawl - tempted to cast on as soon as the pattern is available! Your handspun just looks perfect. As for the alpaca blend - you've really nailed it there <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing shawl, beautiful fiber, lovely mitts....you have been very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shawl! Must keep my eye out for the pattern!! I have the mittens ready to go, but need to check my gauge. Of course, now I won't need them for another 9 months!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love those mitts!! you look so cute in them, and that shawl is a beautiful display of color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful beautiful mitts. Love the test shawl! love that little girls face

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the shawl looks gorgeous. I checked the pattern out to see if I can actually knit it. I think the pattern doesn't come out till 2016 though. Big high to Miss 5 for the mittens shot. Another gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram