Happy Birthday Emily!!! I am so thankful for you!

8:26 AM


Today is such a special day!! My oldest blessing is turning 16! I still can't believe it! The time has flown by....but here she is 16 and turning into a wonderful young lady.

Being the first Emily has gotten the brunt of all our first time parenting mistakes...but God is so good and His grace is new every morning! I see His grace so clearly in Emily as her sweet and gentle spirit is so easy to forgive and show grace. What a blessing she is to me and a wonderful example to her younger siblings!

Emily has a real servants heart and is always ready to help.....(I might take advantage of that a bit too often at times...sorry Emily) I have found that God speaks and teaches to me through each of my children...so clearly sometimes...and through Emily he reminds me time and time again of His grace and how He can take young parents just learning and beginning to grow in Him and use them to grow a young lady who loves the Lord and is willing to serve Him with all her heart! Thank you Lord for your faithfulness to us!!

Emily as I think of you this morning on your 16th birthday the lyrics of a song come to my mind and as I can't sing I will write them here for you as a prayer.....

I'd tell you just what you mean to me
Tell you these simple truths

CHORUS
Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope
You're gonna do great things
I already know
God's got His hand on You
So don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say

Take your time and pray
And thank God for each day
His love will find a way
These are the words I would say

(Sidewalk Prophets The Words I would Say)

You are growing into the woman that God has made you to be. And I know He has such plans for your life.....I can't wait to see where He takes you!! I love you!!

"For we are God's masterpiece.
He has created us anew in Christ Jesus,
so we can do the good things
He planned for us long ago."
(Ephesians 2:10, NLT)



smaller one

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram