Biblical Womanhood

6:35 AM

We are studying biblical womanhood in our womens group. Using On the other side of the garden by Virginia Fugate. The book is straight and to the point. We are also listening to an audio that has been moving as well. It is done by my friends pastors wife and is very convicting....
We first began talking about obedience.....ah yes! Obedience to God and obedience to our husbands. Our world has so twisted this and no one wants to hear about submissiveness or obedience...it's all about being equal with our husbands and being my own person. Even within the church this topic is not taught from the scriptures... If you look to the scriptures it is very clear what God says about this.
First point is that Obedience is an act of the heart....isn't this what I work on every day with my children? And partial disobedience equals complete disobedience!
1 Samuel 15:22 tells us
to obey is better than sacrifice
Job 36:11
If they obey and serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity and their years in pleasures

We need to be willing to change and we also need to be willing to look alot different then this world would have us look....
PRIDE yes it is our pride that prevents change!! Focus should be on HUMILITY!!

Col. 3:12-13.....humility, kindness, tender mercies, meekness, long suffering, forgiving

Titus 3:1-2 tells us ...showing all humility to all men....speak evil of no one! Be peaceable!

We are never to speak evil of our husbands...never!! Humility means esteeming others as better then ourselves.

We also need to keep a reverent fear of God!!

These are just some of my notes that I wanted to share....I am going to keep adding my notes on here as we go along. It is good for me to go over this again and again.

Kelly over at Generation cedar has a few posts on Biblical Womanhood. Here are the links and a quote from her that I really liked

"Willing submission to my calling and to my husband is not hard because it is nothing more than submission to my Savior."

http://generationcedar.blogspot.com/2008/12/biblical-womanhood-knocking-down.html

http://generationcedar.blogspot.com/2008/12/home-is-more-than-dirty-laundry.html

I am off to do my Christmas journal entry for today and start the laundry, I will post pics of my journal later today....

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram