Reverb 10 Prompt 3

2:15 PM

Todays post is about moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

Wow, love this prompt. But only one moment? HeHe! I think I will pick the moment I finished my first 5K. That was on May 22, 2010 and it was a feeling I will never forget! I put it up right up there with giving birth!
It was a warmer day that it had been in weeks but over cast. I had worked so hard and never in my life did I think I would run a 5K! I remember starting to feel really tired towards the end....other people were starting to walk but I told myself...."No way I am running this whole thing even if my run is slower then a walk!!" Then I saw that finish line and the clock counting down.....and there were people on the side of the road and they were cheering us on.....and I suddenly felt energy ......and I began to pick up my pace and I ran as fast as I could towards that finish line. I had goosebumps when I crossed it, I could hear the people around me but all that faded away and I looked up and just gave God thanks for allowing me to accomplish this. My legs felt like rubber as I walked to the water table and my heart was pounding a mile a minute but it felt so good......
This might sound selfish but I think it was the first thing I really did for myself in a long time. I give so much of myself to my family but this I did for me. For my health yes, but this was also therapy for me in so many ways.
An accomplishment that I achieved just for me.....and it meant so much!



Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram