Yarn Along......on the road!

7:43 AM



Yesterday was a very long day.......in the car. And I decided to redeem the time by casting on for a sweater for me!  (Driftwood) I have been eying this pattern for a while and decided to jump in and just do it! The size of it is a little scary to me and I think it might take a while to complete but it looks so cozy and warm so I'm gonna give it a go! The yarn is knit one crochet too meadow silk in an amazing pewter colorway.....I am loving it!
Three hours in the car and I am two pattern repeats into the main body.......


 And since I can't seem to post without  at least one baby picture here is a silly shot from our road trip yesterday.....Hannah Grace is enjoying making faces in the side mirror....too cute!



Oh and remember that adorable little pink sweater I knitted up as a gift for a new little cousin? I got to hold that baby this past weekend and she was wearing my little sweater!!! Too sweet!!



I have made my list and will be casting on this week for a few Christmas gifts.....mostly hats and mitts. Small manageable projects that I can get done fairly quickly (I hope!!)

Not much reading got accomplished this week.....I do want to get a new book for my iphone and I'm hoping for to find some good ideas through this weeks yarn along!!

Joining Ginny for the Yarn Along this week.....Happy Knitting!!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. how exciting that you are knitting for you! Love the pattern you chose, it's on my list. Happy knitting and you look so sweet with a little wee baby in your arms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, new babies. i love it. the sweet sweater looks great. :)
    and, I have a set of those lovely circular needles. so beautiful to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing people wearing the hand knits made for them. It lets me know they are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love knitting in the car! And you'll do so well with Driftwood. :) It already looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love knitting on road trips. Your little pink baby sweater is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet baby photo!

    Love the photo of Hannah Grace looking in the mirror...too sweet! And way to go attempting a sweater for yourself! I need to do this too...I have only knitted one thing for myself and it was just a simple cowl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram